If you need to purchase five or more licences, we offer personalised offers.
Flexible and affordable server solution meant for small businesses with up to 25 users or 50 devices. Buy the Microsoft Windows Server Essentials 2016 Digital Licence as your first server or as the primary server in a multi-server environment for micro-organizations.
Order now and we will send you the Microsoft Windows Server Essentials 2016 product key directly via e-mail within 8 hours of purchase.
- Brand: Microsoft
- Released on: 12-10-2016
- Program type: Windows Server
- Format: Single-Use Digital Licence
- Compatibility: 32-bit and 64-bit
- Language: EU Multilingual (it is possible to change language settings after installation; additional language packs are also available to be downloaded and installed separately)
Microsoft Windows Server Essentials 2016 Digital Licence is the perfect streamlined solution for small businesses and micro-organizations with up to 25 users or 50 devices running on servers with a maximum of 2 processors. This version allows employees to connect their personal devices to the company while allowing IT professionals to deal with the risk associated with having uncontrolled devices connected to the corporate network.
Simplify the transition of on-premise workloads to the cloud and easily adapt to changes in business without compromising the performance and productivity of your team. Windows Server Essentials 2016 allows your small business to take advantage of some advanced features and capabilities at an affordable price.
► Nano Server Option.
This is a scaled-down server implementation with limited interfaces, making it more secure from attacks.
► Azure Site Recovery Services
Offered in Microsoft Azure, this feature enables real-time replication of your virtual machines (VM) to a backup vault in Azure.
► Volume activation
Easily activate the licence for multiple devices online.
► Cluster Rolling Upgrade
This update allows you to upgrade the operating system of cluster nodes without needing to stop the Hyper-V or Scale-Out File Server workloads running on the nodes and minimize downtimes. This doesn’t require additional hardware, nor a new cluster and is reversible unless you choose the “point-of-no-return”.
► Increased manageability of domains, users and devices
Meant to help larger small businesses take full advantage of Microsoft Windows Server Essentials 2016 by adding support for larger deployment with multiple domains, multiple domain controllers, and the ability to specify a designated domain controller.
Read more in our blog article "Windows Server Editions Comparison".
The initial activation of all purchased products should be performed no later than 3 months after the purchase date. Note that the initial activation period is not the warranty period of the product - all warranty details are thoroughly explained in the terms and conditions section.
‣ Required Processor: 1.4 gigahertz (GHz) for 64-bit processor or faster for single-core.
‣ Recommended Memory: 512 MB (2 GB for Server with Desktop Experience installation option)
‣ Required Hard Disk Space: 32 GB free space
‣ Required Display: 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher
‣ Required Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or later.
‣ Required Connectivity: Internet access (fees may apply), Network adapters on your PC should have a 1 gigabit per second ethernet adapter and be PCI compatible.
‣ Other: Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM); UEFI 2.3.1c-based system and firmware that supports the Secure Boot feature.
If you have any further inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us!